Boston Business and Tax Attorney for Startups With Over 25 Years of Experience
Visionary entrepreneurship lies at the core of business achievement and innovation, forming the foundation of numerous key industries. However, the challenge for many small businesses and new ventures is that their creative and dynamic strengths may outpace their actual readiness for business opportunities and realities. This is seen in legal strategy, structuring and documentation. Small and early stage companies need knowledgeable, experienced legal counsel every bit as much as large companies. When it comes to forming your entity, building a superior team, raising capital, protecting intellectual property and negotiating contracts, you need seasoned legal counsel.
As a Boston business startup attorney, I have more than 25 years of experience working with startups and small companies. If your small or early stage business has big potential, but needs structural and legal guidance, speak with me. Contact me, a Massachusetts business formation lawyer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-875-8665.
Exploit Opportunities, Build your Company and Protect Your Assets
I represent clients through the full life cycle of their businesses. I can advise you on the creation of an entity, the allocation of equity among the startup team, the protection of intellectual property, venture finance, the development of commercial contracts, the structure of partnerships and the acquisition process. In setting yourself up to win, you can utilize my experience in the areas of:
- Business formation, entity choice and business organization
- Capitalization and seed, angel and venture capital finance
- Equity arrangements, vesting and equity allocation among founders, and development of employee stock options and benefit plans
- Shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements and cross-sale arrangements
- Employment agreements, offer letters and employee manuals
- Employee equity, options, restricted stock and phantom stock
- Software and product development, software agreements, contract production and outsourcing
- Marketing and distribution agreements and other commercial contracts
- Trademarks, copyrights and trade secret protection
- Patent, trademark and product licensing, and sponsored research arrangements
- Partnerships, joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Mergers and acquisitions, spinoffs, and divestitures
Aiding Entrepreneurs Throughout New England
In addition to my work representing small and early stage companies, I am also active in several groups that serve entrepreneurs and those who work for and invest in startups. My activities of entrepreneurs includes these groups:
- IEEE Boston Entrepreneurs’ Network, where I have served as Chairman since 2009. The group presents monthly panels, each with three or more speakers on a topic of technology based entrepreneurship, with 15 meetings a year held in Waltham and Cambridge, MA. www.boston-enet.org
- 128 Innovation Capital Group, where I was Co-Founder in 2004, have served as a board member and moderated more than 40 meetings since then. The groups meet monthly mainly in Waltham, providing networking, speakers and pitch-party funding opportunities to entrepreneurs. www.128icg.org
I have been named among the “Top 20 Boston Startup Lawyers” by ChubbyBrain.com, a website that provides tools for entrepreneurs.
Contact a Top Boston Startup Attorney
In need of an excellent legal resource for a small, forward-looking venture? Contact me, the Boston startup lawyer, at email@example.com or call 617-875-8665 to schedule an initial consultation.