CHIEF SCIENTIFIC OFFICER OF MASSACHUSETTS BIOTECHNOLOGY COMPANY, EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT AND EQUITY ARRANGEMENTS
Some of the highlights of this C-Level client representation, by executive employment attorney Robert Adelson, Esq., included the following:
Expand Duties and Support to Enhance Career: Expansion of his authority stated in the contract and also the level of support he was to receive from the company in expansion of the areas of his responsibility.
Tax Election & Restructure Equity to enhance Upside Value: Where equity perceived to have great potential value, options were changed to restricted stock purchased at low current cost with 83(b) election made.
Negotiations enhance Relocation payments: Negotiations over relocation resulted in a lump sum payment with executive to receive a bonus of amounts not used for relocation.
For more information about executive employment issues, please see my list of publications on the subject. A sample of articles relevant to this case include:
- Restricted Stock And Other Equity Options For Your Executive Compensation Package
- Executive Contract Terms to Negotiate with Your Prospective Employer.
- Using Career Advancement Covenants to Safeguard Non-Financial Executive Pay
- Executive Relocation Risks, Mitigation Strategies and Terms to Seek in Your Relocation Package
- Negotiating the Right Executive Compensation Package for Yourself
- more articles
For more information regarding my executive employment services, please see below: