Startup Executive Employment Attorney
You are a seasoned executive with a proven track record at several established companies in your industry. One day, you receive an offer to be CEO of a startup.
The startup CEO offer could be on the ground floor of a well-funded venture or perhaps to lead an up and coming startup to reach the next level.
It is an unusual opportunity, one that could put you in the driver’s seat of a market disruptor that might see rapid, even exponential growth rather than where you are now, a caretaker of an established enterprise with limited upside. It’s a challenge that can potentially be very rewarding.
Now you may be itching to join the glamour of the likes of Zuckerberg or Musk, but before you take up this intriguing offer, here are some items you should consider. These items include key contract terms, equity terms and other considerations that you might also want to include in your contract.
That is how my published article begins on the subject of becoming a Startup Company CEO. For the remainder here is the link – https://ceoworld.biz/2018/04/24/becoming-ceo-of-a-startup-key-employment-contract-and-equity-terms-and-other-considerations/
Suffice it to say that representing startup company CEO and C-level executives is one of my market niches in the executive employment field. This comes from not just my work in contracts, employment and tax law, but also my long past experience with startup companies including my ten year period as Chair of Boston Entrepreneurs Network.
I have also written more articles on startups and startup executive employment:
- Startup C-Level Executive Salary, Equity and Severance Compensation Package
- Achieving Zero Taxation on Sale of Your Startup Equity
- Becoming CEO of a Startup – Key Employment Contract, Equity Terms and Other Considerations
- Executive Compensation In A Pre-IPO Company
- Building & Keeping Your Executive Team: How to Recruit and Retain Senior Executives for Your Startup or Early Stage Company
- Pivoting for Startups: Why, When and How
- Knowing your competition and Establishing your Market Niche to set your Startup Apart
- Structuring and Allocating Equity For Startup Success – CEO Refresher, August, 2018.
- How to Fund Your Company – CEO Refresher, June, 2018.
- Legal Issues in Consulting Contracting – CEO Refresher, June, 2011.
- Licensing Technology to launch your startup company – Mass High Tech, September 2010.